‘Best Client Engagement’ Award
Chris Broome – Chartered Financial Planner
Last week our financial planning practice won the UK’s ‘Best Client Engagement’ category at the Professional Adviser Awards 2021.
The award recognises our human-focused approach to supporting the clients and households that employ us.
It’s a very big award and acknowledges that client outcomes truly sit at the core of everything we do here at Longhurst.
Why did we win?
The judges reviewed what we do, why we do it, the ways we communicate, the ways we help (beyond your typical IFA or wealth manager approach), what we focus on, and how we respond.
Our award entry included the below information, which covers some (but not all) of our client engagement approach:
- Our digital onboarding process and documentation.
- Ad hoc ‘Hello Calls’ into each household.
- ‘Social lunches’ held at our expense, with a strict ‘no business chat’.
- Birthday brownies sent (‘Love Brownies’ – check them out!).
- Wedding anniversary flowers.
- Free downloadable guides on our website.
- Monthly newsletter.
- 6 x new blogs a month.
- Personalised annual client meetings
- Client postcards.
- Our MyLonghurst App.
- Longhurst Model Portfolio Service.
- ‘Enterprise’ – new employee financial well-being service.
- Giving every client access to their own complementary adventure/travel planner.
- Executive and life transitional coaching.
- Good giving planning service.
And in response to COVID:
- Weekly videos being sent to clients and connections.
- ‘Investment Lifeboat Drills’ postcards sent out to all clients.
- ‘Thinking of You’ postcards sent out in July to all clients.
- Zoom meetings for all annual reviews and meetings.
- Complementary 12-month Headspace meditation memberships.
- Distributed over 100 ‘The Happy Path journals’.
- Distributed over 20 adult ‘Gratitude journals’.
- Launched a weekly quiz which is still going!
- Hosted a virtual springtime picnic party in aid of the NHS.
In total, more than 200 advisers, firms and providers were under consideration across all award categories.
This is especially great news for us because we’ve spent the past 2+ years really focusing on our Client Process and Client Experience. You can learn more about what our processes here.
We’d like to thank all of our clients for their continued support of our business.
And I’d like to personally thank the entire Longhurst team, both internal and external. This award is for all of your hard work.
Onwards we go, together.