Initial Advice Process
At Longhurst we approach things a little differently to your traditional high street financial adviser. What we do is follow a trusted relationship process that we call ‘The 3 Hats Principle.’
The 3 Hats Principle goes as follows:
Annual Forward Planning Reviews
We deliver a comprehensive Annual Forward Planning Review Service, catering for you no matter what life stage you are at.
Our life-long relationship will include the following services and benefits:
- Lifestyle financial planning (working with you to ensure your ‘plan’ remains focused on what matters most to you)
- Lifetime cash-flow forecasting (making sure your ‘plan’ always remains financially on track)
- Tax planning (to invest, and remain, tax efficient)
- Coaching & sounding board (making sure you don’t make the wrong decision, at the wrong time, for the wrong reason)
- Estate & Legacy planning (to protect your family’s future financial legacy)
- Investment management (ensuring your money grows and outlives you)
- Debt management (ensuring all options are considered for repayment)
- Life-transition support (during business sale / retirement / bereavement / divorce)
- Future income withdrawal (ensuring you enjoy retirement to its fullest)
- Multi-generational support (assisting the next generation with wealth building, mortgages and savings etc)
One of our main roles as your financial planner is to be there with you during the inevitable market extremes, both periods of unsustained euphoria and exaggerated armageddon, with a focus on preventing you from doing anything that is financially self-destructive.
Our value to your family is exponential if we can ensure you don’t make life-changing errors during these periods.
A pension is a long term investment, the fund value may fluctuate and can go down. Your eventual income may depend upon the size of the fund at retirement, future interest rates and tax legislation.
Information is based on current understanding of taxation legislation and regulations. Any levels and bases of, and reliefs from taxation, are subject to change.
The value of your investment can go down as well as up, and you can get back less than you originally invested.