Longhurst commits to the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter
What is the Charter?
This is a commitment by HM Treasury and signatory firms to work together to build a more balanced and fair industry. Firms that sign up to this Charter are pledging to be the best businesses in the sector. View pledge.
The Charter reflects the government’s aspiration to see gender balance at all levels across financial services firms. A balanced workforce is good for business – it is good for customers, for profitability and workplace culture, and is increasingly attractive for investors. View signatories.
- commits firms to supporting the progression of women into senior roles in the financial services sector by focusing on the executive pipeline and the mid-tier level;
- recognises the diversity of the sector and that firms will have different starting points – each firm should therefore set its own targets and implement the right strategy for their organisation;
- requires firms to publicly report on progress to deliver against these internal targets to support the transparency and accountability needed to drive change.
We are a young and nimble firm, but we have mighty plans for the future. Signing up to the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter provides us with a wonderful opportunity to lead from the front, whilst also holding us accountable to achieve our corporate responsibility targets.
Our organisation pledges to promote gender diversity by recruiting a female chartered financial planner within the next 12-24 months, with the focus being:
- a senior role within the firm;
- autonomy and ownership over the decisions being made;
- ensuring equal pay between colleagues for the skills they perform, irrespective of gender;
- the opportunity to secure equity at board level;
- to support the firm with its regional school and college out-reach programme;
- to inspire local teenagers to consider financial planning as a career path.