Happy 2nd birthday to us!
Chris Broome – Chartered Financial Planner
They say that time flies when you’re having fun.
And in the case of our wonderful business, Longhurst, time is certainly flying!
As we speed our way into July 2020, we also celebrate our 2nd birthday as a regulated financial planning practice.
In keeping with a #LifeAtLonghurst custom that we started last year (on our 1st birthday), we’d like to acknowledge and celebrate the year that we have experienced as a company.
- We celebrate our loyal clients (and friends) who remain an integral part of our business. We have thoroughly enjoyed serving you this past year – through both joyous times – and for some recently – more challenging moments.
- We welcome into Longhurst new clients and households. Individuals. Families. And businesses. All selecting our financial planning practice as the chosen steward of their personal wealth. We look forward to supporting you on your continued life journey. Welcome to the Longhurst family – we will always be here for you.
- We appreciate the client support, and the referrals we receive, from our network of professional connections. You know who you are. As they say, team work makes the dream work. With your support we are able to deliver our ‘Trusted Team’ approach which ensures our clients have access to the best professional advice this country has to offer.
- We continue to champion business communities like Silverstone Technology Cluster and Digital Northampton. We absolutely love being part of your world. The good we can all do for our community peers is limitless – so let’s focus on adding as much value as possible.
- We celebrate our financial planning peer group, and the NexGen Planners community. Every time I help a fellow NextGenner I do so because no-one helped me when I was younger. With hope, the act of support and kindness offered by me (and other experienced planners) will filter down to future generations.
- We also take time to acknowledge our own awards/achievements as a firm this year:
- SME South Northamptonshire Website of the Year.
- The Sunday Times Top Rated Firm and Top Rated Adviser Awards.
- Nominated for 2 x Money Marketing Awards (with the awards evening next week 8th July 2020).
- We’ll building a firm which is being accredited by professional institutions which we respect. With hope our clients and professional partners see further value in aligning themselves alongside us because of these successes.
We also celebrate the ever growing team at Longhurst.
Michelle. Glyn. Lauren P. Lauren J. Sian. Daniel. Stephen. And even Bear (our Head of Well-Being)
Your hard work throughout this year has without a doubt been the difference.
Exceptional at all times, with good humour, and happiness shining through in the work produced.
Let’s keep doing good by our clients and push into our 3rd year with the same positive energy!
We also welcome further additions later this year …… more to follow ….. but believe me when I say that I’m very excited about what they will bring to the Longhurst family.
Clearly lots to celebrate but we also have to acknowledge those that we have lost.
Clients losing their loved ones. We feel the pain you have suffered. And we mourn with you during these challenging times.
We also mourn our professional connections. 5 years ago I met a solicitor called Jonathan Jacob. A conveyancing expert working at our good friends, Bower Cotton Hamilton. I frequently referred him to our clients. He was a lovely man. A sincere person. Well humoured. And respected.
Jonathan sadly lost his life to COVID-19 over a month ago. His death is felt by those who knew him. And we pass our love and condolences to his family.
COVID-19 has caused much hurt and despair at home and around the world. But it will not define us as a human race. With hope it will sharpen our focus on humanity, the need to protect it, and indeed the need to protect us all.
At Longhurst we responded by ensuring we remain ever visual to our clients and communities. We did this through increased phone calls, emails, videos, well-being gifts (Headspace memberships / Children’s Happy Path Journals), quizzes, poker nights, and even a Sunday afternoon picnic-in-the-park with live string orchestra.
We’ve got our clients back. But we also have our professional connections back too. We always will have.
Thank you to all of you that have been part of our amazing business these past 2 years.
Onward and upwards into years 3, 4, 5 and beyond.