Tech we love to use
Longhurst is a business that has a natural niche advising those working in the tech, innovation, and high-growth sectors.
As a business, internally we are technology focussed, bolting in a wide range of software solutions designed to simplify the lives of our clients; our team; and to ensure our systems and processes are as seamless as possible.
Today’s article is to purely outline which bits of kit we use, and why.
- Google G-Suite – all encompassing ranging from Gmail; Drive; Calendar; Video conferencing; internal team instant chat; Docs (like word); Sheets (like excel). Live updates. Quick. Where has this been all our lives?!
- Barclays Business Dashboard – see most of our important business and banking information at a glance.
- Xero – accountancy software; making tax digital very simple for us.
- ReceiptBank – submitting business invoices and receipts electronically; reducing time.
- GoCardless – for clients to set up standing orders for our services; quick and easy.
- Calendly – function for clients/professional partners to book meetings with our team.
- Voyant – lifetime cashflow forecasting tool; enabling us to demonstrate to clients the steps they need to take to achieve and then maintain financial independence.
- Timeline – sustainable income withdrawal tool; enabling us to help clients visualise probable income/lifestyle outcomes in retirement.
- Deposit Sense – excellent cash management research tool we use to source the best interest-bearing bank and savings accounts.
- Zoom – even though we have Google Hangouts, our favourite video conference tool is still Zoom; just don’t tell Google 😉
- VidYard – coming to our clients in the future; a simple way to record personalised messages.
As you can see, we use quite a lot of tech and software in the running of our business and world-famous podcast (well, nearly world famous).
Some of these integrate into G-Suite, some do not. However, the use of all has significantly reduced the time we spend running day-to-day operations.
We also know, from their feedback, that our loyal clients also see value, especially from the Client Facing kit we use.
The next step is to find a CRM tool that combines everything together ….. now that would be a fantasy come to reality. Time will tell!